I read today on Slashdot that Google is (finally!) having an IPO. I browsed their online S-1 form and found a reference to a thing called “AdSense“, which gives you a little bit of money every time someone clicks a google ad on your site, so I signed up. What the heck, you only live once, right? Then they tell me via e-mail that their people are going to audit my site in order to see if it’s appropriate. “No worries”, I thought, “it’s not as though my site is filled with porn and warez”.
Perhaps not, but on the front page I found:
- How to hack people’s computers using Google
- A story about selling underage prostitutes on E-Bay
- A comic about Bukkake
- A number plate that says “I fucked your wife”
- An entire post dedicated to the word “fucktastically”
- A Nigger Owner’s Manual (tongue-in-cheek, but nevertheless…)
- Cookies explicity designed to look like gaping, overused assholes
And that’s just on the front page!
More than any ad revenue, I fear for my sanity and moral hygiene.